|Syllabus, Rules, Grading for Film and the Novel|
|Wednesday, 31 August 2011|
Rule #1 – You have the right to be in school and I have the right to be teaching you.That’s pretty much it for rules. You’re old enough to know what is expected by teachers and fellow students in order to have an appropriate learning environment. I’ll give you advice when you might need to stop one behavior and start another one. If you fail to take my advice, I might need to contact your home or have you stay after school for a while.
We have some classroom procedures you should note:
· Opening activities often require student participation
· Three tardies = detention
· You have the responsibility of making up any missed work—check the work folder, Mr. Jaeger’s web page, the chalkboard, and with other students You will need a notebook and a folder or binder for handouts.
· 35% oral and written communication
· 35% tests and quizzes (homework helps here)
· 15% classwork / class participation
· 15% final exam (final paper)
Generally, I deduct 10% from the possible grade of an assignment per day late. All assignments should be turned in for (partial) credit.
|< Prev||Next >|